Foreign Policy Community of Indonesia is pleasured to once again hosting the notable essay competition for Indonesian students, “Write to China”. In cooperation with the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Jakarta, the project has been undergone for 4 years. The project has been expanded into trilateral cooperation with the Fujian Provincial Government as the third party since 2017. Under the official name of “China-Indonesia Youth Exchange Program”, the project is targeting college students aged between 18 to 24 years old to engage in a people-to-people diplomacy through a two-weeks travel exchange with the Chinese students. Not only students, but the committee will also invite other participants with various backgrounds to enrich the content, such as official government representatives, journalists, young researchers, and social media influencers.
To participate in the exchange program, 20 Indonesian students will be selected based on their essay under the theme of “Strengthening Indonesia-China Bilateral Relations”. The writing standards for the essay would be:
- Written in English and consists of 1000-1500 words
- Font style Times New Roman, size 12, space 1.5 and use footnote if you insert some references
- Saved as document format with file name: WTC19_(Your Name)_(Your University)
Upon registering, participants must complete the form available at bit.ly/writetochina19 and need to carefully remember to:
- Complete the form with valid data
- Upload an image format of Student Card
- Upload an essay in document (Ms.Words) format
- Save their registration link to Edit the answers, Upload required documents, and Submit the final data by 10 February 2019
- Keep updated about the competition by following @fpcindo (Instagram and Twitter account) or regularly check the latest news on this website.
Essays will be judged based on its grammar and vocabulary, topic relevance, and argument strength. Please keep in mind that every participant can write about any subjects—political, economy, social, cultural, etc as long as it fits into the theme. After being graded, the committee will sort out the Top 30 writers to be interviewed. The final judgment will be decided directly by the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China. However, all sent essays will be equally assessed by FPCI and experts or senior researchers.
Finally, the most joyful part is the winner announcement, which will be posted in 10 March 2019 through email and social media. The winners will be entitled for:
- An exchange trip to Beijing and Fujian Province, continued to several cities in Indonesia (details will be shared only to selected winners)
- The committee will cover:
- Visa Process and Fee
- Certificate and Allowance
- Additional notes: please remember that the winners must have a passport that valid at least until October 2019.
If you still have any questions, you can always ask the committee by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: ASK_(Your Name), and mention or send a message to FPCI’s social media account.
Best of luck!